Monday, June 22, 2009

Sports Day 2009

Well hello there. Sorry I have been absent for such a long time. Been a very busy girl!!!

Where do I start? Well a couple of weekends ago I entered my first official walk. I got my first printed number, and Dad and I, and some mates hit the road and did the 15km East Coast Radio Walk. Fran and Mom decided to take on the 5km walk, but decided that it was far too short and have pledged to do the 10km next year.

On the subject of activities and sports, the girls had their Sports Day last Friday at school and they had a lovely time. Papa and I sat in the beautiful sunshine (I don't know where winter is) and watched the girls. Sean's timing was brilliant and got there there just in time to see Sarah get 1st position in her flat race and Lolly did really well in her skipping race, giving her team a leading start. See Sarah is 3rd from the left in her video.


We had a fab time this past weekend watching the Springboks narrowly beating the British Lions at Kings Park. There were a ton of Lions out and the atmosphere was unbelievable! Our good friends, Heather and Helgaard and their family joined us and we had a good thrash! Kings Park is always such good fun as the fields were choc-a-block with people braaing and drinking so we bumped into a lot of mates! We finished off the evening with a mammoth roti and bunny chow from Johnnys!

Sunday was Fathers Day here in SA and we spent a very relaxing time with the folks and kids.

The girls finish their 2nd term at the end of this week, and then they're on 3 weeks of holiday! I really miss those days! We have quite a bit planned for their holidays, but mainly on the weekends as Sean and I are working.

Our next big event coming up is Sarah's baptism/ christening on the 18th July! A bit late, but as the saying goes, "better late than never". We are really looking forward to it, as we'll even get to see Rob and Ta as they're coming down to visit from Jhb!!

Well I'd better finish off, otherwise I'll never post this!!

Here's Lolly's skipping race!

No comments: